“Picking” is one of my favorite seasonal outdoor activities. My sisters and I grew up picking fresh fruits and vegetables from local farms with U-Pick patches.
Hunting for perfectly ripened goodness under leaves and branches in the abundant sunshine, embracing how dirty our hands, t-shirts, and faces became as we filled buckets and bushels and bags…there was nothing better as a kid.
Even today as a thirty-something, I still get my picking on.
Apples and pumpkins in the fall, berries in the spring, and tomatoes, peaches, and bell peppers throughout the summer.
To this day, whenever I visit my parents in upstate New York in the fall, we pick bushels of eggplant and tomatoes and spend an afternoon canning tomato sauce, preparing vats of fresh baba ganoush, and filling freezer containers with Eggplant Parmesan.
My favorite way to enjoy strawberries after an afternoon of picking is washed, sliced, and tossed in a bowl with about-to-burst blueberries.
With the intense heat of summer, however, I crave something more refreshing.
Thinking back to summer days as a kid, sprinting to the sidewalk whenever that jingling, joyous sound of the Ice Cream Truck came within ear shot, preparing a frozen treat with those freshly picked strawberries was nothing short of summer day perfection.
This recipe is light and flavorful that highlights that natural sweetness of strawberries.
Instead of adding white sugar to the blended strawberries, I added just a touch of agave nectar, a natural sweetener. What makes these treats a step above what you would get from the Ice Cream Truck? A dreamy, healthy, gluten-free and plant-based product called DREAM Boosted Original Coconut Beverage.
Using DREAM in place of regular non-dairy milk in this recipe significantly boosts the nutritional value as well as the dreamy creaminess. Instead of drinking your smoothie, enjoy it on the back porch, cooling off one lick/bite at a time – however you roll.
Facebook l Twitter l Instagram l Pinterest l Google+ l Bloglovin’ l Yummly
- ½ cup shelled unsalted pistachios, ground
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 tbsp agave (or another natural sweetener)
- 2 cups DREAM™ Boosted Original Coconut Beverage
- Place strawberries, agave, and DREAM Boosted Original Coconut Beverage in a blender. Blend until ingredients come together.
- Add the ground pistachios and pulse to combine.
- Pour contents of blender into desired ice pops mold, filling to indicated "fill" line.
- Freeze mold(s) overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Remove individual ice pops from their molds (I had to run mine under hot water for 20 seconds).
Disclaimer: This is a Partner Post sponsored by Honest Cooking on behalf of DREAM. While I was monetarily compensated for this recipe, the creation of the recipe and opinions are 100% my own.