CJ and I have been working behind the scenes the past few months to completely redesign Steph in Thyme – brainstorming a design that’s both unique and user-friendly, educating ourselves on how to customize WordPress themes, researching fonts and color schemes, and creating a lot of new content to make this blog an awesome experience for you, our cherished reader.
After a lot of late nights and weekends, we are excited to finally share the big blog makeover with you.
So, what’s new? A whole lot!
- New color scheme inspired by all the glorious greens from our CSA farm share
- New font style, reminiscent of handwritten recipe cards
- Cleaner, more streamlined homepage to help you read, browse, and search for content more easily
- A TON of new content along the top menu:
- The blogger behind the blog – a new Meet Steph page so we can get to know one another better
- What to expect – an updated About page sharing my blogging journey, why I blog, and what I blog
- Answers to popular questions – an updated FAQ page
- Contributions and recipe features – a new Press & Features page with my recipe contributions and features around the web
- All about spiralizing – a whole page dedicated to Spiralizing recipes and resources
- Shop for kitchen essentials – an online store where you can purchase kitchen gadgets, cookware, and cookbooks I swear by
- Food blog I love – a list of my favorite food blogs…which new ones will you discover today?
- Restaurant reviews – my recommendations and reviews for dining gluten-free around Boston
- All things yoga – yoga love resource page all about my yoga teaching and where I teach around Boston (join me for a class!)
- Let’s work together – interested in collaborating on a project? Here I share how we can partner and how I can help you.
Share what you think
We hope you enjoy the new blog design and find it user-friendly. If you see anything weird going on with images, image sharing, links – or if you discover that a certain component could be more user-friendly, please let us know! Email me at stephk[at]stephinthyme[dot]com.
My Favorite Kitchen Things and Celebratory Giveaway
To celebrate the grand unveiling of the new and improved Steph in Thyme, I’m giving away a few of my favorite kitchen things. These are items I use often in my kitchen and could not do without! Below are more details about the giveaway items and how to enter:
I use this Smart Lid almost every day. It serves as both a splatter guard and a universal lid for 9″ – 11″ pots and pans. Instead of searching through my kitchen drawers for the one matching pot lid, I just grab this Smart Lid instead. It has an automatic pressure release valve, which can be turned off to steam vegetables. Super easy, and easy to clean – it’s dishwasher safe!
I love love love my Silpat nonstick silicone baking mat. I use it for everything from baking cookies to roasting vegetables. It’s oven safe up to 500 F and freezer safe to -40 F. The Silpat promotes even baking and also releases food easily – no chipping food off a pan!
Sometimes, the smallest things make the biggest different. This mini spatula, though little, is very handy for scraping out contents of small mixing bowls and jars. I use it every time I cook. With this mini spatula, I get every last drop!
I’ve never been particularly skilled at poaching eggs. These Perfect Poach Poaching Bags help me poach perfect eggs, each time. Whether you’re making a breakfast egg for yourself or preparing a lovely weekend brunch, these bags make it easy to create beautiful, perfectly poached eggs.
Like the items you see? Want them for your own kitchen? Enter to WIN THEM ALL below!
*This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Open to residents of the continental US only. Winner will be chosen on 9/9/15 and notified via email. Winner will have 24 hours to claim prize. If prize is not claimed within the allotted time, a new winner will be chosen.