Toilets are long-serving home fixtures that you can use for more than 30 decades which is quite a while for home equipment. For your lifetime you may not have to lift lots of toilets which can lead one to wonder the average weight of a toilet.
What is the Average Weight of a Toilet?
You may have been wondering how much a bowl weigh but hold that thought because there are two types of toilets which have different weight. They’re the one-piece and two-piece. What is their average weight?
The average weight for the one-piece toilet is around 40kgs or 88 pounds which is more substantial compared to the weight of the two-piece model. They can weight 20 kg or more based on certain factors.
The two-piece toilet is lighter than the one-piece toilet because it comes in two separate parts. But its bowls weigh more than the tank.
Average Toilet Tank Weight
Just as the two types of toilets have different weights so does the tank weight vary between models. The main average weight of the toilet tank is between 25-50 pounds or 1/3 of the toilet’s total weight. Now, remember that you can only measure tank weight in a two-piece model system.
How Much Does a Bowl Weigh?
Bowls are the dense part of the toilet so they usually weigh very much. You can see a toilet bowl weigh between 50 to 60 pounds. But there are lighter bowls of around 35 pounds. You should also know that you can only measure the weight of the bowl only in a two-piece model. So when you add the weight of the bowl and the tank, you will see that the two-piece toilet weight between 80 – 90 pounds.
The Average Weight of a Wall Hung Toilet?
The wall hung toilet is another toilet that weighs a bit. The system weighs around 60 -80 pounds but can go higher depending on different factors. Another type of toilet is the ones that can be carried about from one location to the other; they are known as portable toilets. These toilets weigh about 10 – 20 pounds making them the best for travelers.motherrimmy.com
Factors that Affect the Average Weight of a Toilet?
Although all toilets weigh the same certain factors add or reduce to the weight of one toilet over another. These factors are;
The types of toilets: the different types of toilets are factors that contribute to weight addition or reduction.
- Toilet brand: the production process between different toilets can affect the weight of the toilet.
- The production materials: toilets are made from porcelain mortar which contains silica clay, china, and ball. Some models of toilets are made from plastic or steel materials which can be lighter than the porcelain mortar.
- Some models also come with birch hardwood or maple seats which can add to the weight of the toilet.
- Size and design: the design and size of a toilet can also determine the average weight of the toilet. There are small and compact toilets that are made for small washrooms and this can be lighter than the normal toilet. Some comfort-height models weigh more because of the material added to give them their height. There are also models of the comfort height that come with a small tank which makes them weigh less.
- Technology: the technology used in designing the toilet can add to the weight of the toilet. Some toilets come with motion sensors, heaters integrated bidet, built-in deodorizers, lightings, and air dryers. If you have any of such unit, they can weigh more than the normal toilet because of these additions.
How Should a Toilet Be Carried?
Since the different toilets all have different weights, you shouldn’t carry the toilet for too long as they can cause back pain because they come in odd designs which makes it hard for them to be carried. For you to carry a toilet, you have to make use of a wheelbarrow or a hand trolley.
You may have been wondering how much does a bowl weighs? A typical toilet can weigh up to 100 pounds. This is the average weight that most people can lift.